Counselors-in-Training Program: June 19-August 4
The Counselor-In-Training Program (CIT) is a seven-week program designed to offer qualified applicants an opportunity to prepare for positions as a camp counselor or recreational leader. CITs work with their program director, learning leadership skills, expanding the individual talents each CIT has to offer, considering sensitivity to children and honing program skills. CITs translate knowledge into practical experience, working with younger campers from diverse backgrounds.
Applicants who register for a CIT position will be contacted and invited to an informal walk with the Camp Director and/or CIT Director in mid-May. CITs will be notified shortly after about the status of their application. Applicants who have made a deposit, or paid in full, who are not selected to join us as a CIT for this summer season will be refunded.
The CIT position is a highly-coveted position with only 10 positions available each summer. Applicants who are not selected one year are encouraged to apply again the following year.
It is understood that a CIT may have a few conflicts within the seven week program and will not be held to the same attendance expectation as a Camp Counselor. Fees will not be pro-rated for missed weeks. Anticipated absences must be communicated in advance to the Camp Director.
- Applicants must be 14 or 15 years old at the time of participation.
- Applicants should possess a genuine interest in youth development, enjoy working with younger campers, and commit to arriving to camp each day with energy, enthusiasm, and cooperation in all aspects of camp programming.
- A positive attitude, cooperative and flexible spirit, and an openness to learning are critical personal attributes for the CIT position.
We have 2 levels of CITs: entry level (Year 1) and advanced level (Year 2). Costs:
- 1st Year entry level CIT Program $415.00
- 2nd Year advanced CIT Program $325.00